Thursday, December 3, 2009

Gumdrop Cookies

This is an old family recipe. It's been around at least since my great-grandma, Grandma Daines. Although you can make it anytime of the year with regular gumdrops, I always think of it as a Christmas cookie with red and green gumdrops because that is what I remember my Grandma Donna making when I was a little girl. I think I have eaten about 1.5 dozen of these since I made them yesterday. I really like them.



Gumdrop Cookies

1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1-2 cups gumdrops
2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup coconut
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Cream shortening and then add sugars and vanilla. Beat well. Add eggs one at a time. Add the gumdrops and set aside. Combine the remaining dry ingredients together and add to the gumdrop mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments: