Thursday, December 11, 2008

Edries's Fudge

I got this fudge recipe from my ninety-something neighbor, Edries. She makes the best fudge, candy and hand-dipped chocolates. When I lived at home we always fought over her Christmas plate!

4 C. Sugar
1 Can evaporated milk
1/4 c. butter
1 jar marshmallow creme (7 oz)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 pkg. milk chocolate chips, or 1 pkg chocolate chips and 1 large hershey bar

Bring sugar, milk, and butter to a boil over medium heat (stirring constantly). Cook to medium ball stage. Take pan off heat and beat in remaining ingredients. Pour into buttered 9x13 pan.

2 comments:

Traci said...

This sounds WONDERFUL!!!! Does she also make the chocolate covered peppermint candies? I remember that you made them one year, and they were delicious!!! If you still have the recipe, may I please have it?!!

K May said...

Ok, I had to search for this fudge receipe again. Your deserts are ones that are fought over at our house. If you decide to deliver honey this year I may have to bake A LOT!!!! That's not good!