Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Frosted Banana Cookies

I got this recipe from my little sis, Karlee. She got it from her roommate's mom when she was in college. I really like it and sometimes make extra frosting because the frosting is sooooo good.

3/4 cups softened butter
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg
2 mashed bananas
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp soda

Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and blend well. In alternating additions, add dry ingredients (sifted together) and bananas. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Frosting:

1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
6 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup butter

Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar to desired consistency and a dash of vanilla. Stir in the powdered sugar a little at a time to make it less lumpy. I say less lumpy because I almost never get it totally lump-free. It still tastes delicious, though.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Thanks Kate! These were so yummy I can't wait to make them. And the frosting was awesome--I'm going to try it on a raisin cookie recipe I got from Camille.