Monday, August 17, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

Kate asked me to post my pb cookie recipe. My kids love peanut butter cookies, and this is our favorite recipe because it's more chewy than a lot of other recipes I've tried.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 Cup butter
1/2 Cup peanut butter
1 1/4 Cups flour
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla

Sugar (to roll balls in--I like to use sugar in the raw, or turbinado sugar)

Beat butter and peanut butter together on high speed for thirty seconds. Add 1/2 cup of the flour, the sugars, egg, baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla. Beat till thoroughly combined. Beat in remaining flour. If necessary, cover and chill dough till easy to handle.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in additional sugar. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten by crisscrossing with the tines of a fork.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for 7-9 minutes or till bottoms are lightly browned. (make sure not to overcook if you want them chewy!)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hey guys- if you put all these recipes into a cookbook-- I'll buy a few copies!!!