Monday, April 13, 2009

Honey Popcorn

This is one of the first recipes I ever put in my little blue recipe box. My best friend brought it to our Merrie Miss recipe exchange when we were ten or eleven. Her mom made it frequently and I always loved it. Friday nights at our house are Movie and Popcorn Night at our house. There are many times we have a snack different than popcorn at Movie and Popcorn Night, but last Friday we stuck with tradition and had this. I ate most of it, but it looks like Annie has inherited my love for it.

Honey Popcorn
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup cream
1 cube butter
1 cup marshmallows
2 large bowls popped corn

Cook all ingredients except marshmallows over medium heat to soft ball stage, stirring constantly (or in my case, with just quick little breaks in between stirs). Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows. Pour over popped corn.






2 comments:

Kelli said...

This looks good--I've never tried it before! I still use a couple of the recipes I got from Marsha when she was our 4H leader!

Traci said...

That sounds, and looks great! I can't wait to try it!!